Wednesday, February 26th, 2020
I don’t think this is an average Wednesday because I’m not sure we have those anymore.
- The market continued its downward trend in response to Coronavirus concerns and…wait, I’m being told that the President said it was going down in response to the Democrats debating. Hmmm. Let’s stick with that first explanation.
- We were told it would rain heavily in the city this afternoon; it kind of misted and spat for the most part.
- We ran (no, not literally) into our niece in the Trader Joe’s parking lot. That was a nice perk of the day.
- The President appointed a guy to run the US Coronavirus response. A guy whose policies led to an HIV crisis in Indiana in 2015 because he sure didn’t want Planned Parenthood to…uh, do what it does so well. You know, our vice-president.
- We quickly turned away from that and watched Survivor. Read into that what you will.
- Later that evening, we watched coverage of the global health crisis and the US’s reaction to it on BBC World News, CBC’s The National and France 24. Somehow reassuring to be reminded that we’re all in this together. For the most part.